Monday, October 19, 2009

A day in the life of Princess von Wrecking House

My two little girls just say and do the darndest things. Princess Sassy Fras, is my 5-year old who sasses me even when she wakes up in the middle of the night and is half asleep. I swear she's going to start her period next week.  Princess von Wrecking House is the 2-year old sidekick to Princess Sassy F.  Princess von WH has got to be the slickest thing since Houdini. Give her a rubber ball and a spoon and she'll find a way to create a disaster zone so messy you'd think cars had collided. They are both the sweetest children with kind hearts, bright minds, and are filled to the brim with spunk. I like it that way. Here's to hoping (and praying) their strong-willed personalities keep them from succumbing to peer pressure in their adolescent years. I know their hearts will be broken like everyone's, but I'm pretty sure nobody will walk over Princess Sassy F or Princess von WH. Ain't nobody putting my babies in a corner!




So, here's a funny story to introduce you to one of my two two pint-sized cohorts- Princess von WH. Recently as I was multi-tasking (the definition has changed so much from career days to mommyhood and is a-whole-nother post in itself).  This particular day I was preparing dinner and talking to a girlfriend on the phone. This friend lives just down the street and in the end it would have been better to walk down the block to carry on our conversation than the afternoon-altering disaster that ensued.


I noticed Princess von WH putting a DVD into the player. She's two. She doesn't know how to work the technology in my house (or so I thought). I walked over to help her and remind her that DVDs are for mommies and daddies to handle.  Four DVDs have white, oily fingerprints smeared along the edges.  She has gotten into a once full tube of Desitin.  Wonderful.   









How she reaches these things is beyond me, but her friend, Mr. Stool, undoubtedly helps her every time. Put the stool away you say? I've tried. Princess Sassy F needs it from time to time, gets him out, and forgets to put it back in the closet.


In addition to the Desitin, she has swiped a few wipes, and a diaper. She found her favorite baby, placed her on the coffee table, and smeared Desitin on her from her boobies to her toesies- putting the majority on her girl parts (at least she knows where the Desitin belongs). My guess is she had so much fun diapering that she then just made it a Desitin smearing assignment all over the coffee table, on her arms, and face.





It may have well as been finger paint to her. She looked like an Indian ready for battle with the war paint on her face. She was so proud to show me how well she'd pampered her baby.




My guess is it took her all of two minutes to create a mess that took me hours to clean. Our living room smelled like a diaper rash for days. Good times...


1 comment:

  1. What a riot! You certainly have some imaginative little ones!

    ReplyDelete